Thursday, March 10, 2011

Random moment introduction with a side of towels....

Whenever anyone starts a blog of course one of the first things to go through their mind is all about what they want to write about, what the blog will look like, what they want to write about, how many people will see the brilliance in their writing offer them a three book deal, and what to write about. Sharon and I are no different. Though I need to admit that all we have been thinking about is what are we going to write. We would never turn down a three book deal...just sayin'.

The introduction is a make it or break post. So much pressure to be witty but not to the point of becoming unapproachable. Funny, without making people think we are nothing more than wannabe stand up comics....sorry I just do not have the ability to speak and not fall off a stage, it happens. Most important even more important than people returning to read what we have to say is that we are having a good time and getting something out of this spark of inspiration.

Sharon made me post first, really she bullied me but I am trying to not hold it against her and really you shouldn't either....but as I have to go first I thought most the night on what should I talk about and nothing came to mind. That is until today when I couldn't find a fish spatula. I have looked at Khol's, WalMart, Bed Bath and Beyond, the professional chef restaurant shop downtown and I am going to simply have to order one online I think. I know that a fish spatula might not keep any of you awake at night and it doesn't me either, though I would like to have one. Late at night when food network is on TV keeping me awake viewers are told over and over again that it is really the only tool for the job. I can nearly hear Chef Anne Burrell tsking her tongue on "Worst Cooks in America" when they try to flip over their fish with a spoon. I want one, pretty plain and simple I would say....but I cannot find one. (Spatula not a spoon)

I am a firm believer in buying local, so before I break down and let my fingers order online I have two more stores to visit tomorrow, one named "Cookie Cutters" and which a name like that, I should have looked there first...and the other I don't remember the name of. Don't hate me because my mind was on the towels I had bought at Khol's! They are the best ever I swear to you, and nearly always on sale.

This blog isn't about fish spatulas or new towels, but about the journey of two women taking a risk and putting into a blog their blunders as well as home runs in the kitchen.
~Charity

You can say this for ready-mixes - the next generation isn't going to have any trouble making pies exactly like mother used to make.  ~Earl Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment