Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jeebus really? My recipe?

Wow.. okay so somebody asked for one of my 13th recipes. Sure it may about predictable as watching Lindsay Lohan escaping jail time, but seriously its the one thing in my house my two kids will eat and not whine about.

Unf*ckupable Mac & Cheese

5 cups of cooked macaroni (or rigatoni, penne, whatever your kids deem cool)
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour (or 3 of butter, 1 or cornstarch)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 ground pepper
2 cups of milk (2% preferrably, I gag on whole milk and 1% is like albino pee)
3/4 cup or so of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup monterray jack cheese, shredded

1. Heat butter over med/low heat

2. Quickly whisk in flour til smooth and bubbling

3. Gradually add in milk and mix the shitz constantly to cook it and keep it smooth. Nothing screws up mac & cheese like gelatenous clumps.. hence the lower heat bishes.

4. Once thick, add cheese until it melts smoothly.

5. In about an 8x10 inch casserole dish, pour in noodles, pour cheese on top and mix it all up til the mac is all coated and happy. Naked mac, bad.

6. Bake 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. If you are super cool you can add a layer of shredded cheese in the last 5 minutes and flick on the broiler to get a cool crust.

Options? Throw in chunks of left over chicken from some recipe you made earlier. Why not? Gets that stuff out of your fridge before it turns nasty.


See? Easy. I mean c'mon, its me here. Would I steer you wrong??

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment