Thursday, November 10, 2011

~TT~ For Ron and his Beloved

Like to read Thursday Thirteens? Well there are so many good ones to be found at
 http://thursday-13.com/  Stop over there and see what all the buzz is about every Thursday!

Sharon: okay
Sharon: ready?
Charity: I need some wine first. No naked list this week but I think wine should always be encouraged.
Sharon: ok
Charity: okay I am back and am armed with a full glass of wine....well maybe not full I might have taken a drink on the way back to the computer.
Sharon: Nice! So.. we have a very important TT to do
Charity nods, "yeah the "I'm Sorry" menu.
Sharon sighs.... "the I"m Sorry I've been on the computer too long" menu
Charity laughs, "I think she took offense to the naked parts of our blog not that he was on the computer."

Charity: okay down to business! First item to list should be a great bottle of wine. If she is a red lover my favorite red right now is Reunite Lambrusco. A white type sipper.....or guzzler... it is a toss up for me between Barefoot Moscato and Yellowtail Moscato.
Sharon: OR... can't go wrong with a good dessert wine.. ice wine ... from Ontario. I would recommend Inniskillian
Charity: Oh good suggestion! Okay so then go for a nice salad...and Ron? Make it courses. So give her one bit at a time....start with wine then bring out a simple salad with her favorite dressing.....I like to make ranch dressing at home, but really there are lots of bottles out there that she might like too.....here is the IMPORTANT PART homemade croutons. Very simple but they will show how much she is your beloved like you told us she is!
Sharon: How about a nice antipasti plate?
Charity: Okay and your favorites?
Sharon: Salami?
Sharon: ok ok ok.. my mind is totally in the gutter today.
Sharon: how about some nice ripe tomatoes, bocca cheese with a pomegranate vinaigrette drizzled over top
Charity: Cheeses. I love to go to the cheese monger and sample, don't take anything home you haven't tried though. Could be stinky! Or even crusty bread, a good olive oil and balsamic vinegar, cheese and deli meats.
Sharon: absolute.. good call. And Ron? You cannot go wrong with sour dough bread. Trust me.
Sharon: Okay so a simple soup.... Char its time for your tomato one. Ron needs us on this
Charity: Oh yeah the tomato is really all that however....I hate to say it however now I might dare I? i found a recipe in Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook “my father's daughter” for a white bean soup that I cannot get enough of. Of course I doctor it a bit and add a ham hock for added flavor but really it is light and lovely and I am making it Friday for my mom. It is THAT good.
Sharon: Gwyneth doesn't eat. Must be a ghost writer.
Charity: Okay Queen of the Gold Fish diet.....
Charity: If anyone wants to know the recipe how I make it let me know I will gladly share....okay so with this soup take some of the bread from earlier and dip it.
Sharon: okay .. but honestly lets get to the meat. Lets give Ron a few choices here.
Sharon: nice soft pork tenderloin with spicy Thai reduction.. and BOOYAH he's back in business
Charity: hmmm good option Shar....however I am going to have to throw down roasted cornish game hens. They are individual size and roasted with herbs and butter to crisp the skin up? How beautiful is it to have a mini chicken center on a plate with sides?
Sharon: Well.. I'm sure Ron appreciates the breasts.
Charity: Me? I am all about the thighs....but MOVING ON
Sharon: sighs
Sharon: okay side dish? crisp.. lightly flavoured with garlic.. asparagus
Charity: A pot roast in a crock pot is a nearly never ever screw up thing.
Charity: Oh I love asparagus as a side. You also cannot go wrong with the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes. They are life changing.
Sharon: yes. epic on the mashed, full agreement
Sharon: Okay by now Ron's wife should be on the road to forgiving him.. what we gonna bring this home with.
Charity: More wine.
Sharon: This is why I love you my bish. To Ron and other men reading this? Always more wine.
Charity: Pour it for her....it makes the I'm sorry I love you all the better...so after you refill her wine here is something that will both satisfy the non chocolate lovers as well as those that like sweet and savory together.....now trust me on this....I never liked goat cheese until now. It doesn't have a name I can bold though...so yeah we will come up with a name soon.
Charity: Small baguette round brushed with a reduction of brown sugar, canned pear juice, and butter. Then....top with a bit of creamy goat cheese....the pears which you cooked in the brown sugar and butter until they are just warmed through with a bit of the sauce drizzled over the top.....
Sharon: wow. why can't you make that for me when I come to visit?
Charity: I did.
Sharon: oh yeah! Then we watched Paranormal Activity
Sharon: we ate a lot that day
Charity: yeah we really did...and then couldn't sleep cause we kept seeing doors move.
Sharon: omg yeah... ok lets not get Ron off track here.
Charity: Oh right....now if you are dead set against goat cheese? I would go for a crumble. You can use stone fruits which are plentiful and with a little corn starch and sugar, some oats and brown sugar you can bake up signature comfort food....top with ice cream.
Sharon: gourmet coffee for afterward.... make a strong finish
Charity: and yeah coffee and she will let ya have your keyboard back in no time!
Charity: Okay we got it
Sharon grins, "yeah .. I think Ron's out of the dog house"
Charity: well if he goes for it and tells her how we are not all bad on our ~TT~ posts....

**Note....I did a lot of editing to make this a Ron appropriate post. There was talk about raw oysters and shucking....so I think we earn some points there right? Also....see where Sharon did not deny her goldfish cracker addiction? Just want there to be witnesses is all. End of note have a great day! Happy cooking!**

2 comments:

  1. Definitely- points.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/11/13-facts-about-veterans-day/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not doing the 13 tango myself this week (don't ask why) but I gotta say I'm honored you kept me in between your thoughts this week. It means a lot to me; thanks.

    I've actually served up a few of these delectibles, might try to make the whole magilla tomorrow for My Beloved Sandra, just to cement myself back in her, um, good graces.

    ReplyDelete