Thursday, November 24, 2011

~TT~ Wieners

Charity: I want you to know that I am completely against doing this list. It is bad enough that you have to be leashed Sharon but now this???? A subject that no matter the editing it is gonna come off naughty....
Charity: Why can't we do cookies?
Sharon: OH come on.. its your Thanksgiving! Time to be thankful for Wienies!!
Charity: I don't have wieners on Thanksgiving.
Sharon: everyone should have wieners on Thanksgiving
Sharon: like. rubbing your full belly as you lay back on the couch and think "damn.. I just had the best wiener ever"
Charity shakes her head, "so you had wieners on your Thanksgiving?"
Sharon: grins.  Yup.. served something called Wiener Winks... hot dogs and Gouda cheese wrapped in sour dough then pan fried.
Charity sighs, "seriously? FINE it is a Wiener ~TT~ then."
Sharon fist pumps, "YESSSSSSSS!"
Charity: I will start, Lil Smokies in some sort of sauce, I usually put them in a crock pot with my fave BBQ sauce of the month.
Sharon: oh nice.. and easy too I"ll bet
Charity: yes....go ahead and say it.....you like easy wieners.
Sharon blushes. Guilty as charged. *Coughs*. Moving right along now... I'm going to suggest the Mexican Wienie Steamie.... stuff your fave wiener down the middle, stuff with jalapeno cheese AND diced jalapenos. So so so good.
Charity: okay....how to do you get it down the middle? Do you have to hollow out the wiener first? Get all the wiener filler out?
Sharon: Dude. You just grab the wiener, take your knife and go all Lorena Bobbit on it. Down the middle.. split that sucker wide open and stuff with the goods. THEN serve in  your fave kind of bun.
Sharon: You need a wiener education.
Charity: Well you didn't say that. You said to STUFF it down the middle.
Sharon: I didn't think I had to enlighten you about stuffing a wiener. You have 3 kids.
Charity: I have 3 kids because I DON'T go Bobbit on wieners.
Sharon: Touche!
Charity: Just sayin...okay next up. This one is for Paul....he wanted to make sure that his favorite wiener got put onto the list and asked that we add Polish Sausage. My fave comes from Costco and grilled up? The snap and the juice....damn fine mention without complications....just grill. Also here is a secret for the onions...soak a sliced sweet onion in coke. For about an hour or more depending on the time you have. Put those in a pan and carmalize them. These onions are the perfect addition to a wiener.
Sharon grins, "Cheers Paul!"... "who doesn't like a good dose of Polish meat from time to time?"
Sharon: Okay .. so back to edible wieners..... I like to freak out my own kids by using wieners without the bun. Like as a 'meat' with rice. I make something called Creole Dogs.. which involves wrapping diced wieners in bacon and serving over spicy rice
Charity: Here is a kid friendly one for you moms out there and dads too really. You want to be the hero of a rainy day lunch? Make Mac-n-Cheese and warm ya up some hotdogs using your own personal favorite brand of weiner and cooking method and then? Take a small knife and very carefully cut the bottom 2/3 of the dog into strips. The end result will resemble an octopus if you make enough swipes of the knife. Put the Octopus Wiener on top of a pile of mac-n-cheese and splay out those arms! I swear to you the kids will think you are a rock star!
Sharon: Oh yeah.. that is a good one. Then they make them dance.. and .. yeah totally fun you gotta have fun with your wiener.
Sharon: Except I don't like my kids playing with their wiener at the table.
Charity: You have to have limits.
Sharon: S'all good parenting, my friend.
Sharon: Alright.. so lets talk hot dog chili.. its kinda fun to have little medallions in the chili.... just replace 1/3 of the meat you'd normally use for sliced up dogs.
Charity: My turn? Something that I crave in the fall is Gumbo. I live no where near the south any longer but moving away did not make me give up my favorites. I love good gumbo and one of my fave wieners to put in the pot is kielbasa. I chop that sucker up and because it is a mild spiced wiener the kids won't complain about the heat.
Sharon: I've never had gumbo!!
Sharon: You know another good, warm and satisfying use of wieners is something i haven't made in quite a while... its a Bavarian kind of stew.. with potatoes, mushroom soup, sauerkraut.... serve with big warm chunks of bread.. very delicious and just regular hot dogs.. or you may try a German sausage with a bit of a spicy kick
Charity: I had awhile ago added to a kid friendly list a purple soup. It had bratwurst and purple cabbage in it was a complete and total accident. The entire soup turned this bright purple color and the kids loved it.
Sharon: you know an easy one for those with kids is the classic tater tot wiener casserole add lots of cheese and its all good
Charity: I have never made that classic. BUT here is what my mom used to do with leftovers....She would split the hotdog down the middle and put left over mashed potatoes on the wiener boat, covered it with shredded cheese and broiled it until it was bubbly and hot. I remember it being yummy but I haven't been able to make it yummy myself so I wonder if it is just a kid thing. Dunno.
Sharon: oh yum... what did she call it?
Charity: uh....she called it.....Hotdogs stuffed with Potatoes?
Sharon: I'm good with that. You're mom's cool. . and clearly loves her wieners.
Sharon: Okay I cant believe we're at the end  already. See how fast things go when its all about the wiener? So lets finish with the big one..
Charity: You said the same thing about Naked Chocolate.
Sharon: and we did not disappoint!
Sharon: okay .. so here we go. Deep breath Char.
Charity gets ready to edit......
Sharon: Wiener Pie. Lots of long stiff wieners.... nice soft pie shell with the tips sticking through the top... Its nearly orgasmic.
Sharon: but um.. I can show you a pic .. cause it IS a real pie... I kid you not.
Sharon: but BE WARNED.... we didn't make it.... here's a  link to give props to the chef that made it..... but WARNING! WARNING! ... its a little naughty. Ron? Only link if you're lady love is not around
Sharon: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anajune/92977530/
Sharon runs
Charity: And THAT folks is another ~TT~ from The Accidental Cooks. Have fun with your food no reason not to. Unless you are Sharon and your cooking has to have its own content rating.

**Please go on over and visit the talented bloggers that also put out.....TT lists that is. http://thursday-13.com/ **

4 comments:

  1. Heh heh heh...Suzy Homemaker's my Ex.
    Maiden name was Bobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are reasons that people are placed in the EX catergory Ron! Glad you stopped by this week and I hope that you did not have something special put into that pie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Thanks for the chuckles. I'm really at a loss as to what else to say. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. belated happy thanksgiving and thurs 13

    ReplyDelete